Shannon here: Romantic suspense author Lillian Duncan shares insight into her fictional characters from her book, Deception. Every time you comment, your name goes in a drawing for an e-book copy. Deadline: Jan 21, 11:59 pm central time. Here’s Lillian:
Interview with Patti Jakowski from Deception:
Are you open to your own romance?
Open-yes. Searching-no. I’d love to have a husband and a family one day but it doesn’t seem to be happening for me.
- What’s the number one quality you’d require in a mate?
I want to be able to trust them. If you can’t trust them, then you have nothing but words. Trust comes in so many forms that you can’t separate it from a relationship—any relationship.
- What’s the number two quality you’d require in a mate?
Being a godly man. Actually, now that I think about it, that’s my number one quality. If a man is godly, then chances are I’d be able to trust him.
- Where is the best place you can think of to find a mate?
- Where is the worst place you can think of to find a mate?
A bar or any other type of singles event.
- What type of character traits are you attracted to?
Well, I’ve already said a godly man, someone I can trust, but to add to that, I want a man with a sense of humor. If he can’t make me laugh, then I don’t think we’d have a good time together.
- What type of features are you attracted to?
If you mean from a physical point of view, I’m not too picky.
- What’s the one habit or lifestyle that would make you run the other way?
I want a family man. I’m not looking for a smooth talking charmer. I had one of those and I don’t want another!
- What would be a reason to end a potential romance for you?
Dishonesty in any shape or form. If a man is dishonest with someone else, there’s no reason to think he’ll be honest with me.
- Where do you dream of getting married?
On a beach in a long white dress barefooted with a glorious sunset behind me. Not really! That sounds pretty but I want a traditional wedding in a church in front of my family and friends. God will be at the center of my marriage and that means He should be there from the start.
- Where do you dream of spending your honeymoon?
Doesn’t matter to me as long as it’s with the right man!
- Where do you dream of celebrating your wedding anniversary?
Again, anywhere my husband wants as long as we’re together.
- If you could order a carbon copy of an actor or actress with the perfect character traits and beliefs for your mate, who would it be?
Matthew McConaughey, of course! Cute but with a sense of humor.
- What would be the best gift a potential mate could buy for you?
Yikes!! I have no idea. I have a lot more fun giving gifts than getting them.
About the book: Twins are supposed to have an unbreakable bond, but Patti and Jamie have serious “relationship issues.” Patti hasn’t seen Jamie since her twin ruined her upcoming nuptials years before. When a niece she knows nothing about calls, Patti must unravel the yarn of Jamie’s life and her disappearance.
Detective Carter Caldwell takes his job seriously, and it’s his job to keep Patti and her adorable niece safe. But Patti is determined to help find her sister. Each step brings her closer to the truth, but pulls her further into a web of danger and deception.
They must find the courage and faith to continue the search for her sister. Her journey will take her down a road of deception where they will have to fight for her life and the lives of countless Americans.
About Lillian: Lillian Duncan lives in Ohio with her husband, four parrots, one Jack Russell, and a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. She’s been a Speech Pathologist for over thirty years.
She writes the types of books she loves to read, suspense with a touch of romance. Whether as an educator, a writer, or a speech pathologist, she believes in the power of words to transform lives, especially God’s Word.
Come back Jan 23 for Lynette Sowell.